Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ding dong ...

So, while we were petsitting for my brother and his family recently, the door bell rang.
It was The Avon Lady.
Truly.
In the flesh.
Now, I haven't had an Avon Lady for years.
There was a Mum at school who used to sell it, and then we moved to NZ, and I didn't get to know one there.
And since moving back to Brisbane, I haven't come across another one.
With my sister-in-law's order, The Friendly Local Avon Lady kindly left a couple of brochures.
The kids enjoyed going through them with me.
Now we didn't order any of the items here - hey, I'm a woman, I needed make-up! I had to get my priorities right.
However, we did enjoy browsing through the health and lifestyle brochure.
And boy, they didn't sell these kind of things when I last ordered Avon!

A mango slicer. Okay, it may have its uses, but doesn't that kind of negate the pleasure of slicing a mango and sucking the flesh off the seeds and cheeks? Or maybe that's just me ...

A strawberry slicer. Again, I guess it would be useful, but slicing strawberries keeps the ruggies quiet for at least a few minutes usually.


If you're pitting the cherries, you can't spit out the seeds. That is all.

Ice-cream holders. Erm, what happened to cups, cones, or sticks? Or are we breeding a generation of lazy ice-creamer lickers? Gasp! It's UnAustralian!

Erm, guess these are like wine charms for grown-ups. Drink charms for kids.

A cake slicer. Now this, in my opinion, is pure evil. There is no fun at all in cake-slicing if one child is not convinced that another received a bigger slice as him/her.

A handy, key-holding rock. Genius, except that anyone who buys Avon will know your secret!
So, would you order any of these wonderful new kitchen gadgets? Or have you used them, and can you share a review?
Photobucket

2 comments:

Ms_MotorbikeNut said...

I use to have Avon come to me when I lived in the Geebung/Chermside area years ago.

Never brought any perfumes,powder etc of them but did buy a nice dress (which I still have) & a nice Carousel Horse Ornament (which my ex boyfirend kept) & some teddy bear Ornaments (which I managed to grab hold of when breaking up with him)

Stuff like that I will buy from Avon if it is a resonable price but their other stuff (eg perfumes, rings etc) I find sometimes to dear compared to shops.

Anonymous said...

Wow what will they think of next? I probably wouldn't order any of it except maybe the strawberry slicer if I wanted to give my meal a professional finish.... food for thought #punning